Based in Monduli, Tanzania
Are you a storyteller looking to make a tangible social impact? Passionate about education and inspired by motivated young leaders? Eager to grow amidst a diverse team of talented professionals?
Orkeeswa School is looking for a hard-working, creative and passionate storyteller to assist our Communications Team in Tanzania, East Africa.
Our students, staff and community members have incredible stories to tell. The role of the Communications Assistant is to support our team in capturing these remarkable stories and share them with our growing community of supporters. Our ability to communicate our impact, culture and philosophy directly affects our potential to support our students with a high-quality education.
The Communications Assistant is a critical volunteer role that entails:
• Crafting engaging stories that highlight the value of our education model, the culture of our school and the impact our students have on their community
• Assisting with social media strategy and execution
• Assisting and executing on priorities for student interviews, transcriptions, photo labeling and organizing, and other administrative support needs for the Communications Team
• Collaborate and assist with execution of the Scholarship Program communications calendar and strategy, including drafting sponsor update emails, leading student letterwriting workshops, and developing engaging student-focused stories and updates
• Assisting with photography, videography, and graphic design when needed Preferred Knowledge/Skills/Experience • Degree in Communications, Journalism, or related field
• Experience working with youth
• Strong collaboration skills
• Strong organizational skills
• Strong writing skills; photography, videography, and graphic design skills are a plus, but not necessary
• Excellent communication skills
• Adaptability and flexibility within the role, and in the context of working in a rural, developing area
Please send your resume, cover letter and a list of references to firstname.lastname@example.org.