DEVELOPMENT AND MARKETING MANAGER
Based in Monduli, Tanzania
Are you a fundraiser looking to make a tangible social impact?
Passionate about education and inspired by motivated young leaders?
Eager to grow amidst a diverse team of talented professionals?
IEFT is looking for an enthusiastic and dedicated Development & Marketing Manager to oversee the
execution of fundraising, public relations and marketing needs of Orkeeswa School. The D&MM will work
directly with our Director of Operations, who is based in the USA, and will lead our growing
Communications Team based at Orkeeswa School in Tanzania. Specific responsibilities include:
• Crafting engaging stories that highlight the value of our education model, the culture of our school,
and the impact our students and alumni have on their community
• Collaborating with and leading the Communications Team on a Marketing and Communications
strategy, implementation, and execution
• Managing and growing our global community of supporters by overseeing our social media strategy
• Managing donor relationships and communications, systems, and development within the
Scholarship Program, including contributing to securing new scholarship donors and maintaining
and renewing current scholarship donors
• Overseeing donor relations for in-kind support, and contribute to communications with major donors
(proposals and reporting)
• Supporting the grants program, including contributing to grant writing and reporting, and
researching potential grant opportunities, especially within Tanzania
• Collaborating closely with the TZ Director of Operations on leading visiting groups and day visitors,
ensuring high quality experiences on campus, as well as thorough and prompt follow up
• Researching and developing a strategy to implement in-country fundraising efforts in Tanzania, including
individual support, corporate support, and grants/foundations
The candidate may have a degree in marketing, organizational leadership, business administration, and/or non-profit leadership experience, and must possess strong writing, communications, and leadership skills. Candidate should be proficient in or willing to learn InDesign, Google Drive, Salesforce, and Microsoft Office products. We are seeking a professional willing to be flexible and proactive as we develop and improve our development and marketing systems.
• Degree in Development, Communications, Marketing, or related field
• Excellent collaboration, organizational, communication, and leadership skills
• Strong writing skills
• Photography, videography, and graphic design skills are a plus, but not necessary
• Adaptability and flexibility within the role, and in the context of working in a rural, developing area
• Salary commensurate with experience
Please send your resume, cover letter and a list of references to firstname.lastname@example.org.